Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My Reflections on Convention


This was my third Diocesan Convention and my first as a delegate. I happen to love conventions because I like to hear what people are passionate about. What I heard was the church struggling to keep practical items in balance. I heard this diocese support resolutions passed by the General Convention, our national body.

There was a call to Holy Habits and to an attitude of helping those who are needy and in harm’s way. These calls affect both our thoughts and our personal behavior. The prayers and liturgy that surround this Convention reflected these same sensitivities, as Bishop Paul Marshall called us to follow the day’s gospel: Jesus embraced both those who were firm in faith, and those who were doubting, by affirming they are embraced by His love and continue to go forth as His disciples.

As one who has strong faith and also has been doubting and hurting at times, I appreciate this message.

So on this Saturday I was pleased and proud to participate in the church willing to struggle with the issues of war, violence, peace, immigration and the role of the church, as well as a call to personal discipleship. I look forward to helping and participating as St. Margaret’s embraces these ideas, in response, in the coming year.

Christina Nord

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home