Friday, April 20, 2007

Through Our Struggle and Confusion

We extend our prayers to the victims of the Virginia Tech shootings and their families.

O God, you made us in your own image and redeemed us through Jesus your Son: Look with compassion on the whole human family; take away the arrogance and hatred which infect our hearts; break down the walls that separate us; unite us in bonds of love; and work through our struggle and confusion to accomplish your purposes on earth; that, in your good time, all nations and races may serve you in harmony around your heavenly throne; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Although I usually follow the news closely I have had a hard time reading about this tragedy. I think it may be that I just know that I can't make any sense of it and if I learn too many of the details I will try anyway.

So I offer my prayers.

A few minutes ago I found a blog post that has a prayer that I especially want to share:

My prayer for the folks whose lives have been devastated and upended by this horrible thing is that they will let God enter their lives and touch them before ten years have passed and their hearts have been nearly destroyed. God does not cause these things, but God can take the worst thing you can imagine and turn it into a blessing you could never imagine.


This comes from Bill at A Prodigal Blog, which was the first blog that I linked to when I started Maggie's Cross. I encourage you to read the full post.

May the LORD bless us and keep us; may the LORD make his face to shine upon us, and be gracious to us; may the LORD lift up his countenance upon us, and give us peace.


Amen.

MarkT

1 Comments:

At Monday, April 23, 2007 1:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, my friend. The first thing you quoted is mine, but I wanted to be sure you knew that the second is from Numbers 4:6-8. It's my favorite blessing because it pretty much covers it all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home