Monday, April 09, 2007

By the Glorious Resurrection





O God, who by the glorious resurrection of your Son Jesus Christ destroyed death and brought life and immortality to light: Grant that we, who have been raised with him, may abide in his presence and rejoice in the hope of eternal glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with you and the Holy Spirit, be dominion and praise for ever and ever. Amen.


[The usual literal translation of "ICXC NIKA" is "Jesus Christ conquers". The translation is sometimes "Jesus Christ is victorious". What Holy God the Son within the Holy Trinity / Our Lord, God and Savior, Jesus Christ, conquered was death.]

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:28:00 PM, Blogger Lunar Mark said...

How many times have I stared at this symbol from the front of the Altar?

Thousands...

And I never knew what it meant. But as I was getting ready to post it here I decided that I had better find out before someone asked.

Christ is victorious!

That's a message I can read all year long.

- MarkT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home