Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Prodigal Blog: The Heart of Eternity

A Prodigal Blog: The Heart of Eternity

This is a blog by Bill from Ohio. I went to his site tonight to get this link. If you've ever had a child you will recognize his joy. If you've ever lost a child you will feel his pain. Either way, you will feel the presence of God.

But when I went there to get the link above I found this:

Death and Transfiguration - Coming Home

Chapter 1 - Coming Home

You brought me up, O LORD, from the dead;
you restored my life as I was going down to the grave.
Psalm 30:3

This is an incredible account of being touched by God.

Please go read Bill's stories.

1 Comments:

At Friday, December 16, 2005 10:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's quite an honor to find that someone was touched in some good way by something I wrote. I plan to deal with "Why Do I Do This?" soon.

A lot of it centers around something Henri Nouwen said. "Did I really live my life or was it lived for me? Did I really make the decisions that led me to this place at this time, or was I simply carried along by the stream, by sad as well as happy events? I do not want to live it all again, but I would like to remember more, so that my own little history could be a book to reflect on and learn from. I don’t believe that my life is a long row of randomly chained incidents and accidents of which I am not much more than a passive victim. No, I think that nothing is accidental but that God molded me through the events of my life and that I am called to recognize his molding hand and praise him in gratitude for the great things he has done for me." (Henri Nouwen, The Genesee Diary, 94)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home