Friday, January 13, 2006

You Are Now Entering the Mission Field

Today I was skimming our blog and reading some of the comments to the various postings. On the posting about faith stories, Meta had commented about evangelism and making people feel welcome. It reminded me of a return trip from New England not too long ago.
We approached the New York/New Jersey border area on I-87 and ended up in the wrong lane. As we looked for a place to turn around or stop for directions, the first place we came across was a church parking lot. When we pulled in there was a couple working on the grounds. We stopped and the kindly gave us simple, clear directions to get us back on the road home.
What I remember most, however, was the sign that caught my attention as we pulled out of the parking lot. It read "You are now entering the mission field." I have that message written on a post-it note in my prayer book and try to think of it every Sunday morning. It's not just the worship that we are called to participate in but in sharing His word with the world -- God's mission field.

sesrt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home