Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Up From the Valley

Please say a prayer with me for my on-line friend.


We think sometimes when things don’t go the right way, when we suffer a defeat, that all has ended. Not true: It is only a beginning, always. Greatness comes not when things always go good for you, but the greatness comes when you are really tested, when you take some knocks, some disappointments, when sadness comes. Because only if you have been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.
—Richard M. Nixon


One of the benefits of starting this blog was that it caused me to search out other blogs to 'see how it was done.' Early on in my blogging wanderings I found "A Prodigal Blog". And I have been hooked ever since. Every time I come to Maggie's Cross, I first click on the link that takes me to this site. It is by a man named Bill from southern Ohio.
Bill's was the first blog that I 'commented' to and he was the first one to 'comment' on one of my posts. He has been a positive supporter of my efforts. Every time someone says 'thanks' or 'I liked your post', I can only think that I will never be able to express myself like Bill can. He has made me cry tears of joy, tears of sadness and he has made me smile. His words have put the love of Jesus into my heart many times.
When Bill described the loss of his son, I remembered losing my sister. When he describes the love for his daughter, I think of my daughter.
When he described his almost-death, I think about the joy of life.
Now he has lost his job and is in another deep valley. Please pray with me that he will also see his highest mountain!
Good luck, Bill.
Keep the faith.
God is with you, guiding you to continue using your talents to remind people like me of the joy of the risen Christ.
Your on-line friend,
MarkT

1 Comments:

At Thursday, May 04, 2006 8:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

Thank you brother. I'm really blown away by this. Our meeting has literally been a meeting of minds and souls. We've never seen or talked to one another (although that will change soon).

I'm finding that there are a bunch of people around here who feel the same way and it overwhelms me. Grace doesn't come only from God.

I think low self-esteem manifests itself in ways we never think of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home