Friday, March 24, 2006

So How Was Your Day?

My day started like many others. Coffee, the drive to work, starting the computer and greeting colleagues. After saying hello to Jim, he asked, “Did you see the accident on Rte. 61 yesterday?”

“No, I didn’t see it but it sure caused me some problems.” I proceeded to tell him about the long detours and how my one-hour drive home took 2 ¼ hours.

Jim said, “I didn’t see it, either, but two people were killed.” He described what he knew of the accident. “One of them was mine,” he added.

I knew exactly what he meant. Jim is a Methodist Minister. The young man who died was one of his parishioners. Luke. A member of his flock. Luke; a 23-year-old, whose mother has been in the hospital for the last few days because of chest pains.

Ashley, 16, a passenger in the other vehicle, also died.

And here I was complaining because I was inconvenienced.

I was driving in my nice car, arrived at my wonderful home, was greeted by my loving family and had a tasty chicken dinner.

Thank you, Lord, for giving me so little to complain about.

Lord, I pray, please accept Luke and Ashley into your loving arms.

Lord, I pray, please comfort Luke’s mother, Lena, and all the grieving members of both families. May they feel Your presence in their time of need.

Lord, I pray, be with Jim as he comforts and supports these members of his flock.

And Jim, thank you for reminding me today of the blessings in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home