Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Sayings for J. R.

As she left church this morning, J. R. asked that I put the Mother's Day sayings on our blog so she could read them.
So, here they are....

Proverbs tells us not to reject our mother’s teaching. And in Ecclesiasticus, we read:
...those who honor their mother obey the Lord.
Some manuscripts say:
...those who comfort their mother obey the Lord.
Honor. Comfort. Both sound good to me.


There are many sayings about Mothers.
"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers."
- Jewish proverb

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
- Henry Ward Beecher

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother." -
- Abraham Lincoln
And one of my favorites:
An ounce of Mothers is worth a pound of preachers.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home